Indus Arts Council invites you to our 10th anniversary celebration with a Lollywood theme. IAC has brought diverse communities together over the years through themed Urdu language classes, summer camps, children’s theater, independent films, and immersive events that celebrate the Urdu heritage through art and its culture.
Lollywood then & Now
Lollywood refers to the Pakistani film industry that was based in Lahore after the partition of India in 1947. Lahore was the center of Pakistani cinema, with films being produced both in Urdu and Punjabi, until taken over by Karachi after 2007. The word "Lollywood" is a portmanteau of "Lahore" and "Hollywood", coined in 1989 by Glamour magazine’s gossip columnist Saleem Nasir.
IAC plans to create yet another exhilarating experience of the Urdu heritage and culture by immersing the guests in trivias and exhibits about the now re-emerging Lollywood industry.
- Hors d'oeuvre over Lollywood trivia during social hour.
- Walk of fame with classic Lollywood stars look-alike.
- Silent auction of fine art and exquisite jewelry.
- Fashion show exhibiting Huma & Amir Adnan's latest collection.
- Dance party over classic Lollywood beats.
- A keepsake coffee table book with photos from the event.
IT’S A PARTY WITH
IAC is raising funds for “Naya Rusta,” a new way to learn, advocate, and sustain the Urdu language and its heritage in North America.
Learn how you can lead the way with IAC.
- A digital platform for teachers and parents, to teach, and adults to learn the Urdu language through themed, packaged curriculums with rubrics to measure proficiency at every level.
- A council of Urdu language subject matter experts in the U.S. to develop and sustain the Urdu language for the next generation of the heritage population.
- Consistent teacher training programs so teachers become proficient in developing curriculums and lesson plans for teaching the Urdu language to K-12 heritage and non-heritage students.
Get your Tickets here
General Tables & Ticket Prices
Table for 10
- Assigned table and seats
- Sit together with friends
- Open seating
- Make new friends
Businesses and community leaders can:
- Get recognized and share your story of impact as an IAC supporter.
- Create your legacy as a heritage leader and sustainer of Urdu language and culture in North America for future generations of South Asian diaspora.
All (except Sathi) level benefits include:
- Business logo and name recognition at the Ungala
2022 + program + digital/print marketing.
- Stage-time for testimonials.
Be part of the impact IAC will have over the next 10 years and more
- Recognition on all communications and publications for Naya Rusta for 5 years.
- Free access to all Naya Rusta digital and print publications for 5 years.
- IAC family membership for 5 years.
- 24 private/group lessons in Urdu Language for 2 students.
- Reserved table for 10 at Ungala 2022.
An estimated value of $5,000.
- Recognition on all communications and publications for Naya Rusta for 3 years.
- Free access to all Naya Rusta digital and print publications for 3 years.
- 12 private/group lessons in Urdu Language for 2 students.
- Assigned seats for 6 at Ungala 2022.
An estimated value of $2,500.
- Name/logo on all promotions for Naya Rusta pre/post launch for 2 years.
- 8 private/group lessons in Urdu Language for 1 student.
- Assigned seats for 4 at Ungala 2022.
An estimated value of $1,500.
- Name/logo on all promotions for Naya Rusta post launch for 1 year.
- 4 private/group lessons in Urdu Language for 1 student.
- Assigned seats for 2 at Ungala 2022.
An estimated value of $1,000.
Ask away any questions you may have
What’s the address for the venue?
The gala is held in Houston at the Downtown JW Marriott
Address is: 806 Main St, Houston, TX 77002.
Where can I park?
Valet parking is available on the day of the event. You can also park in the hotel garage or on the street. Parking is free in Downtown Houston on weekends.
What is the attire?
The attire is what you feel the most comfortable or glamorous in. The theme is Lollywood then & now, so the evening is set in black, silver and gold tones with hints of art deco. It is formal with FUN!
What is Ungala?
Ungala is a party with a purpose. IAC always brings immersive experiences to enhance your knowledge of the Urdu language and the culture that surrounds its people. This year IAC is celebrating its 10th anniversary and raising funds for Naya Rusta—a new way to learn, advocate, and sustain the Urdu language and its heritage in North America. Learn More
What is Indus Arts Council?
Indus Arts Council is a non profit organization that fosters a cross-cultural exchange between the Pakistani diaspora and the diverse communities in the U.S. through Urdu classes, cultural events, films, and theater by keeping the Urdu language at the core of all its activities. We collaborate with creatives from the Humanities and Arts in the U.S. and Pakistan to build immersive experiences. These experiences broaden cultural knowledge amongst the global communities and enrich societies that cherish Urdu heritage.
Can I promote my business at the Ungala?
That’s a great idea. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Your business can be promoted to an influential audience of Houston as you enjoy immersive entertainment and food. Learn more
Can I reserve my seats at a table?
If you buy a table of 10 for $1,500, you can reserve the seats with your friends. Individual ticket sales of $150/person do not include reserved seating.
What is the entertainment?
The entire Ungala is entertainment and food. Delicious hors d'oeuvres during social hour, a walk of fame by Lollywood look-alikes, fashion show, and the finale on the dance floor over classic Lollywood beats. You’ll also have the opportunity to GIVE to our Naya Rusta and be the leader in preserving the Urdu heritage for the South Asian diaspora in the U.S.
Is this a fundraiser?
It’s more like a FUNraiser. This year IAC is celebrating its 10th anniversary and raising funds for Naya Rusta—a new way to learn, advocate, and sustain the Urdu language and its heritage in North America.
How can I get a refund?
All tickets are final sale. We will not be able to issue any refunds. If you’re not able to attend the Ungala, be generous and donate your ticket to a friend or family member who’d like to attend our event.